In ISAC, the tuneLoader portion of this application is intended to obsolete the beam dynamics webpage for low energy optics settings (http://web.accel.triumf.ca/~baartman/Tunes/), and the OPTICS ISAC-I and OPTICS ISAC-II spreadsheets for high energy optics settings. These sources do not include any values for steerers, and required settings to be typed in by hand for hundreds of devices.
The objectives of the tuneLoader app are:
- To simplify and expedite the loading of optics values when operators start tuning of a beamline.
- To reduce facility overhead (tuning time) by giving operators significantly improved optics values for use when starting tuning through any section of beamline.
- To give the Beam Delivery and Beam Physics groups a utility to continually monitor and improve upon tunes through beamlines while the procedures for operators remain unchanged.
Implemented tuneLoader features include:
- Automatic checking of RF status to determine which optics settings to load.
- Displaying PVs only related to the selected beam path.
- Highlighting PVs for which the EPICS and calculated values don't agree.
- Easy 'select all' option to grab all PVs for setting, along with individual PV selection.
- Status update when a tune is loaded, list of read-only PVs that must be set manually.
- Automatic saving of beam information when a tune is loaded, so that overhead displays automatically update to display the new tune (see https://beta.hla.triumf.ca/beam/tuneX/isac/rib)
After selecting beam path, tune, and parameters, clicking 'Loader' brings the user to this page, where either all (non read-only) PVs can be selected or individual PVs can be selected.
Once the desired PVs have been selected, pressing 'Load Selected PVs' will generated this page, with a summary of the PVs to be changed.
Pressing 'LOAD TUNE' on the previous page loads a tune to the system, and then provides the user with messages here and a list of PVs that must be set manually.