Welcome to the tuneLoader help page!
Something wrong with the application?
Please submit an issue here: https://gitlab.triumf.ca/hla/beam/tuneX/issues
Or submit an e-fault here: https://web.accel.triumf.ca/ncr/dbfault.pl
Urgent issue? Primary contact is Spencer Kiy
Loading a tune:
- Navigate to tuneX: https://beta.hla.triumf.ca/beam/tuneX
- Select the relevant facility.
- Select the relevant beam path.
- Input desired beam parameters and select tune (by default a standard tune is selected)
- Press 'Loader'.
- Select desired PVs to load to the control system, click 'Load Selected PVs'.
- Review PVs to load and when ready click 'LOAD TUNE'.
- (Temporary) - Click 'loadTuneX' on the right click menu on a RIB control room console to set the values.
- Manually load the listed read-only PVs (if desired).
ISAC/RIB Specific FAQs:
Q: How does tuneLoader determine which RF cavities should be on/off?
A: tuneLoader always expects the prebuncher, RFQ, and 11 MHz chopper to be on.
The app decides to use bunch rotator on or off based on the current status in EPICS.
MEBT rebuncher and DTL on/off status is determined based on the DTL energy per nucleon requested by the user.
The SC linac takes the amplifiers that are on as available cavities, then calculates the energy gain through each cavity until it reaches the user-requested energy per nucleon. Based on this the app displays which cavities should be on and which should be off.
Q: How are RF amplitudes calculated?
A: Based on a reference tune they are scaled with the beam A/Q to reproduce the functionality of the ISAC Optics-I and Optics-II spreadsheets. SC Linac amplitudes reference values are automatically set to the current epics values and are not scaled.
Q: How do I know which optics are tuneable?
A: On the tuneLoader page, optics that are ok to be optimized are denoted with a blue box beside the PV name as shown below. PVs without the blue box should not be tuned away from their given tuneX setpoints.
Q: Why can't I select some PVs in tuneLoader?
A: Certain PVs are defined as read-only in the accxml database as it is preferred for these to be set manually by operators. These PVs can not be selected.
Q: Why are some rows highlighted?
A: EPICS PVs that differ from their calculated setpoints by more than 0.5% are automatically highlighted.
Q: How do I refresh the EPICS setpoints?
A: EPICS setpoints in the tuneLoader table automatically update every ten seconds.